Beauty Fashion Lifestyle

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.

Well, maybe not a hippopotamus, but any of these things would be nice! Unfortunately for me, I have several expensive items on my list this year, so it looks like I’ll be buying a lottery ticket (or 3) on my way home from school tomorrow. Fortunately for me, a few of the big-ticket items are also on our wedding registry. Extra good news: most wedding registry-stores give you a nice discount on the items you don’t receive at the wedding. Or Christmas. So there’s hope!
1. Hunter Rain Boots, but I can’t decide between red and pink.
2. Canon EOS Digital Rebel T3 DSLR Camera
3. Ann Taylor Loft Bow Bracelet
4. Essie Nail Polish in Geranium
5. Shea-infused Lounge Socks
6. Michael Kors Rose Gold “Runway” Watch
7. The Limited Bow Blouse in Emerald
8. KitchenAid 5-qt. Artisan Stand Mixer in Imperial Black
9. Yves Saint Laurent Parisenne Eau de Parfum
10. Down-Alternative Duvet
On a somewhat unrelated note, we finally closed on the house last night after 5 long months of waiting. We picked up the keys tonight(!!!), took some measurements to order new countertops for the kitchen, and made plans to start the renovations this weekend. Right now it needs a lot of work, but the plans we have for it should be really nice. I’m kind of having a panic attack about my lack of interior-design skills, though, so any tips are welcome! Once we get in there and start painting/laying new flooring/etc., I’ll be sure to post before & after pictures!
Happy December!

7 Comments

Suzie Thomas
    January 11, 2012 at 1:14 pm

To make a Kitchen countertops is the way to go – my husband and I are in the business of remodeling homes and we choose to go this route, instead of buying one solid piece of granite or marble.

Katy @ Sugar and Chiffon
    December 5, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Thank you, Kassi! I think I would cry if somebody got me that mixer for Christmas…happy tears of course! Thanks for following, and I’ll definitely check out your blog! Catherine, I didn’t wear a watch either until I saw the ones Michael Kors makes. They are to die for!

smalltownbigwardrobe
    December 2, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I vote for the red. LOOOOOVE that watch. I don’t even wear a watch, and I’m obsessed with that one!

Are you going to post pics of your new house? You should definitely do before/after ones! I can’t wait to see it!

Kassi
    December 2, 2011 at 3:32 am

Congratulations on being featured on Links A La Mode and for closing on your house! 🙂 I Want A Hippopotamus is my favorite Christmas song!

I love your wish list here. My husband bought me a Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas a few years ago and I nearly peed my pants I was so excited! Hope you get your wishes! 🙂

I am a new follower and would love for you to check out my blog and follow back if you’re interested!

Katy @ Sugar and Chiffon
    December 1, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Thank you both! Amber, I think the mixer and the boots would seriously improve my quality of life. Sarah, congrats on Links A La Mode, and thank you for following me! I’m on my way to check out your blog right now 🙂

Sarah Stright
    December 1, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I want those boots and that bracelet so bad! I’ve found your blog when we were both featured on IFB this week. Now following 🙂 Stop by my blog some time and say hi, and follow back if you’re interested.
    Sarah

Amber
    December 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Great items… i have a kitchen aid mixer and LOVE it. Also, I have been wanting a pair of hunter rainboots for SOOO long!