Outfits

Chambray at Work

We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.

Top: Marshall’s (similar here), Skirt: J.Crew (sold out, similar here), Shoes: Franco Sarto via TJ Maxx, Necklace: Forever 21, Bracelets: Forever 21 and vintage

I have whole-heartedly jumped on the chambray train this summer, in part because the material is so wonderfully versatile. I’m a firm believer that chambray can even be worn to work, depending on your work environment, of course. I recommend pairing a chambray top with a pencil skirt, heeled sandals and a pretty necklace. If you work in a more creative environment, try the look with a skirt in a fun color or print and a statement necklace like I did here. If your work environment is a little more reserved, try the look withΒ a navy pencil skirt and a strand of pearls or pearl stud earrings. If you prefer pants over skirts, try pairing your chambray shirt with tailored khakis or navy blue slacks and a sleek blazer. The key to making chambray work for the office is to pair it with other pieces that are more classic, refined, and sophisticated.

*See this outfit featured in the July Color Challenge over at must-read blog Small Town, Big Wardrobe

14 Comments

fizz
    July 25, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Great outfit! I love how you styled it with the bright pop of pink and then toned it down with some nude pumps.

freshfizzle.com

Heather
    July 20, 2012 at 1:37 pm

This looks amazing – I am obsessed with chambray and it’s just perfect with that fabulous pop of pink! Love!

XO

nicole gordon
    July 20, 2012 at 7:10 am

Great pink look for the office! Chambray shirts are good for so much and I want J.Crew’s pencil skirts in every color haha. Glad to have found you via the color challenge. Hopefully we’ll do this again next month πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Nic
    mymannersandmoxie.com

Laura
    July 19, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Great look! I love pencil skirts for work, and I love chambray paired with pretty much everything too πŸ™‚ Great tips for making this look workable for an office environment!

TheTinyHeart
    July 19, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I found your blog from the color challenge πŸ™‚ I’ve worn my chambray shirt with so many different things and I’m adding pink pencil skirt to the list! I’m a new follower!

-Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

Suma
    July 17, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Totally LOVE the hot pink skirt!!! Cute outfit. Found your blog via Coming Unstitched Blog Hop! Would love if we could follow each other!
    xo
    Suma

Sarah Stright
    July 17, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I love this!! It’s still so professional but laid back. And that pink skirt is fantastic on you! Thanks so much for linking up for the blog hop, we were happy to have you!

Franziska
    July 17, 2012 at 3:13 am

I love chambray – I just bought a pink shirt to go along with my blue shirt! Love how you paired it with that necklace!

Matthew Taylor
    July 17, 2012 at 3:10 am

Very cute skirt!!

smalltownbigwardrobe.com
    July 16, 2012 at 10:39 pm

This is my dream outfit! I so wish I could wear chambray to work. I may do this with a blue blouse instead!

Heather
    July 16, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I totally agree- I just picked up my first chambray shirt a few months ago and LOOOOOVE IT! It looks gorgeous with that fabulous pink skirt!

XO

woreout
    July 16, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I wore my chambray shirt to death this spring so I packed it away for a bit when summer rolled in but now I am itching to unpack it. Your pink pencil skirt and cute heels add the perfect touch of sophistication and make this a look that can transition easily from a day at the office to drinks with friends.

Katy @ Sugar and Chiffon
    July 16, 2012 at 2:47 am

Thank you, Gina! This skirt is one of my favorite pieces of clothing!

Gina
    July 12, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Love this look! You have great style! The pink skirt is super cute!

Gina