We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
1. Fekkai Glossing Set (includes shampoo, conditioner, and glossing cream): First, I shampoo and condition with the Fekkai Glossing shampoo and conditioner. I leave the conditioner in my hair for at least five full minutes, or up to 15. To save water, apply the conditioner to your hair, put it up in a bun, and hop out of the shower until you are ready to rinse. I often use this time to wash my face or apply a pore-cleansing mask like this one or this one. After rinsing the conditioner out, I towel dry my hair, then apply a small amount (about the size of two peas) of the Glossing Cream, and I really try to work it into my hair.
2. Conair Comb: The teeth on this comb are spaced far apart, so it detangles my hair without causing more damage. Oftentimes, I’ll comb my hair while I still have conditioner in it, helping create a smoother surface for the comb, minimizing damage even more.
3. Macadamia Oil Healing Oil Treatment: After applying the Fekkai Glossing cream, I pour about a dime size of this oil into my hands, rub my hands together to warm it up, then work it into the ends of the my hair. I’ve found that it works really well to conceal split ends and soften up the driest, most unruly part of my hair.
***If I’m going to wear my hair curly, braided or any other way that doesn’t require smooth, straight hair, I’ll stop here and let my hair air dry. Air drying is your friend, and hot styling tools are not! This has been one of the most helpful changes in my haircare routine. Even though I always used some type of thermal protection spray, I never realized quite how damaging my straightener was until I stopped using it all the time. Now, if I want to straighten my hair, I try to use a blowdryer for most of it, as I’ve found it to be less damaging.
4. Phtyo Phytodefrisant Botanical Relaxing Balm: This product is my straight-hair miracle worker. It is just what I need when I want to relax my super wavy locks. I follow the instructions on the bottle- apply a small amount from root to tip, rub it in, comb, and repeat once. This balm makes it much easier to straighten my waves while blow-drying, and it even cuts my drying time significantly. Note of caution: the bottle states that, with repeated use, the straightening effects can become permanent. I haven’t noticed this on my hair, but I only use this about once a week. I’m also a big fan of this one from Paul Mitchell.
5. Next, I blowdry with a round brush, pulling my hair taut to get rid of the waves.
6. To finish styling, I apply a tiny bit more of the Fekkai Glossing Cream, concentrating on the ends of my hair.
7. Hair, Skin & Nails Vitamin: I started taking this supplement about 1 year before our wedding because I wanted to see if it would help my hair grow longer and faster. I’ve never been able to get my hair to grow much past my shoulders, but this blend of biotin and Vitamin B complex makes my hair grow super fast, and it has grown far past my shoulders.
What are your go-to products and tricks for healthy hair?