We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Back in May, my friend Paige suggested I do a post on things you all probably don’t know about me from reading this blog. I realize I’m about 6 months late in posting this, but here they are:
1. My husband and I met on a blind date during college. He was on the baseball team at our school, so I tried to impress him with my knowledge of the sport…I guess it worked! 😉
2. I really want to be a runner, but I hate running. My asthma makes it difficult to go very far, and I usually get bored or frustrated (or both) and quit really quickly. I envy people who can just go out and run 5 miles on a whim.
3. I graduated from high school at the end of my junior year.
4. I don’t really like watching movies. There are a few that I’ll watch over and over, but for the most part I don’t enjoy them. I’ve never seen Sleeping Beauty, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, or a number of other movies everybody tells me are classics. Cory and I watched Christmas Vacation for the first time last year.
5. In 2011, I accidentally sneezed on Mario Lopez while he was filming Extra. They had to film another take because of it. (Could I have chosen an uglier outfit?!)
6. I changed my major all the time my first two years of college. I started out in Communications hoping to get into journalism, then I went to Creative Writing and English, then French, then Film Studies (I think), then Business, and eventually to Political Science and International Studies. Also, I’m pretty sure I was both a Dance minor and an Exercise Science minor somewhere in there.
7. I love to coupon. I hate spending money on un-fun-but-necessary things like toothpaste, soap, paper towels, etc. Also, I have a bit of a competitive spirit. Couponing allows me to be competitive trying to “beat the register” while also saving us money on groceries and household goods. Note: I’m definitely not like the people on “Extreme Couponing,” no shelf-clearing or recycling bin-diving here!
8. I have an incredible sense of direction, but only when I’m inside a shopping mall. My friends and family are always so surprised by how quickly I can find particular stores even if I’ve never been to that mall before. I call it my Mall GPS.
9. I was dead set against wearing a veil for our wedding. My aunt tried so hard to change my mind, but I wouldn’t budge. Then, in January of 2011, I was in the audience of The Martha Stewart Show wedding special, and I got picked to ask Oscar de la Renta a wedding-related fashion question. I asked him about fashionable alternatives to traditional veils, but he told me every bride should wear a veil during the ceremony. So I did. My aunt was overjoyed!
10. My late grandparents were two of the greatest people I’ve ever known. Before I was born, they lived in Alaska. I desperately want to travel there with Cory so we can see all the places where my grandparents lived and worked.
11. I hate wearing socks.
12. I’m really fidgety. I’m always tapping my fingers, shaking my foot, or wiggling my toes, usually without even realizing it until somebody tells me I’m driving them crazy.
13. When I was about 3 or 4, I used to save all the pits from cherries and put them inside a decorative bird house my parents had in the dining room. I assume somebody found them when my dad sold that house, but I never heard anything about it…
14. I absolutely love getting mail. Unless it’s bills.
15. I’m terrible at picking up song lyrics from listening to them on the radio. I always sing the wrong lyrics, usually saying random words that don’t make any sense. I’m also terrible at singing, so it’s just an all-around mess.
16. I can’t watch the Olympics without crying. Every single medal ceremony brings me to tears. Can you imagine how those athletes must feel at that moment?
17. During my first year of law school, I started a tiny fire in my apartment when I tried to soften butter in the microwave without taking all the foil wrapper off first. I thought it was just shiny paper, not actual foil that would catch fire.
18. I’ve lived in Ohio for 7 years now, but I’m still terrified of driving in snow.
19. I watch way too much television. Right now, my favorite show is “The Chew” on ABC.
20. When I was in high school, I was very active with student council. For our elections, I wrote a rap for my speech. Twice.
To this day I’m still embarrassed.